Our client developed a leadership development program to help companies take a more structured approach to developing their future leaders. The program includes a framework for assigning individuals to growth projects based on their previous experiences, with support tools to ensure clear learning objectives at the beginning of the assignment. The client had successfully implemented several custom projects with Fortune 500 clients, but was looking to scale by outsourcing to an outside sales team to drive new business.
They approached Prescott Sales Pilots to help them create a sales enablement package that would ensure that they:
- Understood how to package and sell their solution to their top prospects; and
- Were able to effectively train the reps from the outside firm as to the best approach for targeting and pitching their solution.
Through our review of the client’s market research and a kick off meeting with the client, we identified the key decision makers they wanted to approach in order to gain traction in their target market. Then we identified five possible value propositions we felt would resonate with those decision makers and others responsible for leadership development at large companies.
Based on that conversation we developed discussion threads around each of the value statements, with:
- A persona outlining the role and responsibility of the initial set of prospects to be targeted;
- Qualifying questions to identify decision makers;
- Probing question to help prospects confirm that had experienced one or more those issues;
- Soft closes to confirm the impact of those issue; and
- A set of sales enablement materials, including voice mail scripts and templates for follow- up email contact.
PSP then revised our the materials to reflect these changes and at that point, the client approved the project and re-engaged the outsourcing firm using PCP’s content.